Our “environmental” SEM (ESEM) is ideally suited for microscopy of uncoated non-conductive and hydrated specimens, and for studies of dynamic processes involving changes in specimen temperature and/or state of hydration.
- Field emission electron source
- Selectable beam acceleration voltage from 200 volts to 30 kV
- Practical Magnification 10x – 200,000x
- Practical Spatial resolution 1.4 nm – 3.0 nm, imaging mode/operating parameter dependent
- Variable pressure vacuum system; high-vacuum, low vacuum, and ESEM imaging modes
- Cathode Luminescence detector for subsurface features in minerals
- Back-scattering electron detector and GAAD cone for backscatter EDS mapping.
- X-Ray Energy Dispersive Spectrometer (EDS) for elemental spectra, mapping.