This table-top instrument was the first scanning electron microscope (SEM) in EMF within the Department of Botany and Plant Pathology, Oregon State University. It was purchased in 1973 with $17,000 from International Scientific Instruments (ISI) funded by OSU Research Council, and was in service for eight years. The maximum voltage was 15 kV, resolution was 30 nm. The maximum magnification was 40,000 times. According to the record, the accumulated beam hour was 1850 hours. About 11,000 photos were taken during 1973-1981.