Let us help you solve your problem. We not only have the only open Titan with Chemi-STEM technology, we have friendly staff that are experts in sample preparation. Walk through of the OSU Electron Microscope Facility
The Electron Microscopy Facility (EMF) provides advanced electron microscopy instrumentation services to Oregon State University and in addition is a pay for service lab for industry. Our instruments are checked for calibration against NIST traceable standards every there months. At Oregon State it has the following roles: helps attract faculty and students to OSU, contributes to undergraduate and graduate education and training, and is essential to basic and applied research programs in: Cellular Biology and Virology, Engineering, nanotechnology, advanced metallic, ceramic, glass, and polymeric materials development, chemistry, applied physics, failure analysis, and tribology (the study of friction and wear); Human, animal, and plant health, pharmacy, and bioengineering; Forestry pathology, productivity, and development and performance of wood products; Air, water, and soil ecology, pollution, and resource development and conservation; Plant and soil sciences, microbiology, entomology, zoology, and geology.
Our microscope inventory presently includes:
- An FEI Quanta 3D Field Emission Dual Beam Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM/FIB) with EDAX EBSD;
- An FEI Quanta 600F Field Emission Environmental SEM with insertable backscatter and Cathode Luminescence;
- FEI Helios 650 dual beam, high resolution SEM with MAPS 2.0 and AutoSlicenView Generation 3 and retractable backscatter, STEM;
- An FEI Titan 80-200/ChemiSTEM Transmission Electron Microscope (TEM) with well maintained GIF Tridiem.
- Quanta 600, 3D have X-ray Energy Dispersive Spectrometers (EDS). The Qunata 3D has an SDD EDS and drift control for fast accurate mapping.
Facility use by OSU Colleges in fiscal years 2010 and 2011.
Revenue distribution in 2011 fiscal year is shown below
We list as our customers Fortune 500 companies, local businesses, U Hawaii, Boise State University, PNNL.